View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 11:49 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsride View Post
Looks like a Nice Bike for the money! WHY OH WHY do I want one of these little buggars?? I'm 5' 10" I wonder if I would even fit on one of them? Please let us know how its doing. I hope these TAO bikes are better than their cheap 110 quads. I got rid of the one I bought my son, it was a pile, the front suspension was a joke, the welds looked like a blind man did it, LOL.
Still haven't started it yet. I ordered a complete Yosh exhaust from Thailand, probably a fake, and of course it doesn't fit. Supposed to be for a Grom but the angel of the exhaust port in the Hellcat engine is a little different. I found an adapter online, its basically just an angled spacer, but I think it will work. I'll find out today. Once i get the exhaust installed I'll be ready to fire it up.

So far I installed a Mukuni VM22 carb, replaced the engine bolts, replaced the swing arm bolt and the rear axle (same part) with Grom parts, replaced all the chain tensioner hardware with Grom parts, much better quality.

I went on the Taotao web site today and they list every part of the Hellcat, all nicely diagrammed, available for purchase and really cheap. It's good to know I can buy any part I might need in the future. I can replace the whole engine for $230. If I decide to keep the bike I might order an extra engine just to have it for parts.
When I get it all back together I'll make a youtube video showing what I did. I'll post a link.

I did manage to get the exhaust on, took a lil doing but I managed to get it installed. Looks and sounds really good.
Attached Images

Last edited by Hellkitty; 01-13-2018 at 10:39 PM. Reason: update