View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 12:37 AM   #7

I got the Hellcat assembled.

I got the Hellcat assembled today! No surprises, no damage, just a few nicks on the front fender, no big deal.The front wheel was a bit of a pain even with two people. I seen somewhere, maybe on this site, where somebody put the bike under a large step ladder and used ratchet straps attached to the ladder and the bike to raise the front end so this is what I ended up doing. Brilliant idea! Worked like a charm!

I was surprised to see the battery was already installed and charged but not connected. I think on the Boom Vader the battery comes in a separate box and you have to add the battery acid. The battery on the Hellcat appears to be sealed. cool!

So I assembled it, hooked up the battery.Everything appears to work, lights, horn, turn signals, brake lights. Pushed the starter button and the engine turns over. Didn't have time to add gas or change the oil so I didn't try to start it. Only thing is that the high beams do not appear to work. Maybe the engine has to be running?

I can tell there are some quality issues. I noticed some loose bolts, I don't think the front brake line is routed correctly and a few other things . I'm going to go over everything and and replace some of the bolts, especially the engine bolts with some good quality stainless steel.

Overall, considering what I paid, it think it is pretty cool. I love the way it looks.
Its actually a little bigger than I expected but I've never seen even a Honda Grom up close. I have a week off over Christmas to mess with it so I'll give another report after I get it running. Cheers!
Attached Images