View Single Post
Old 02-08-2024, 04:20 PM   #2

Hey there,

I don't have either bike but I've been researching china bikes for the last few months. I haven't looked into the Hawk as much as others, but it seems the Hawk is the most popular China bike right now. Super easy to find information on it and its parts.

Do you plan on doing any off-roading/trail riding or sticking to on-road only? The Templar is more off-road orientated than other china bikes. It sits taller than the Hawk by about 1" and comes with more off-road knobby tires. Not saying the Templar *can't* be used on the road. Many people ride it with knobby stock tires onroad. The Templar will have slightly more power ( 20HP vs 14HP ) and about 30 lbs lighter too ( 278 Lbs Vs 310 Lbs ).

I haven't personally seen many reports of bad engines on the Templars. These China engines are low-powered and very simple. As long as you do the normal maintenance ( adjusting valves, changing oil..etc. ) they seem to last. I've read many stories of people with many miles on their China engines (including Templar and Hawk engines ) with little to no issues.

I'm personally going for a Templar X soon. It will mainly be used for offroading but it may see the road occasionally if/when I feel brave enough to ride on the streets here in Florida...

Hope I helped a bit with the little information I know,

Vek.