View Single Post
Old 12-21-2022, 12:50 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey View Post
Have you tried to start it yet? Also do old Britt bikes use positive ground electrical systems?
Nope. Not yet for multiple reasons.....like being Mrs. 2LZ schlep for the last four days she was off work. ;-) I've had zero time to mess with it. Hopefully today.

Biggest issue was I had to order a new metal tank for it. The glass tanks won't handle our garbage ethanol fuel without breaking down the glass and sending it thru the system. I could have treated one of them with something but they don't last from what I've read, and it's not cheap, so I just bit the bullet.

Yep, positive ground. I have a new battery coming......

I have found out more interesting things about it. It's not only a 1967, but an early 1967 model. It has the built-in compression release and they only did that until January 1968, according to my Brit Bike forum. Plus, the engine number starts with a "C" as opposed to a "B", signifying the C15 predecessor. So far, it's been a fun research project. I hope it runs someday. ;-)

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350