Thread: Rhino 250
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2016, 07:16 PM   #3

I like my Tree Camo Rhino.. think it looks sharp with the black trim and less like a Chinese clone. It's similar to the realtree style.

Plenty of modifications in this board... think it helps if you state what you intend to use your Rhino for though.

On mine the stock carburetor needs replacement.. doesn't have wide open throttle. Haven't had a chance to install the VM26 Mikuni clone in it yet(was supposed to today)

The headlight bulbs can be replaced with LED versions.. makes a huge difference. There is a topic on this board I started sort of like 2LZ's thread with the modifications I did. Has the links to the lights and pictures.

Found out my clutch wasn't set right at the factory. The hand lever has no freeplay so it might not be engaging fully. Might have been why it stalled on the big hill.

Wheel adapters for the rear are nice to widen the stance closer to the width of the front tires.

The air filter relocation to under the seat is a nice easy and cheap mod to perform. If your driving through puddles and shallow streams its a good one to do. Having a hole saw of the right size helps.
(Harbor Freight sells em cheap)

Out of the box you should just put all your focus on setting it up right.. getting the trim lined up right, grease bearings, change oil, set the clutch, set the idle, set brakes, locktite the nuts/screws. And just take it from there. Yours may need less or more tweaking to run right... that is just Chinese manufacturing in a nutshell though.

You may want to go to R&L hub to pick it up yourself. I did that with mine that came via Estes .. was able to pick it up later in the evening. Like a kid at Christmas time there was no way I was going to wait till after the weekend to get it.... LOL

Save that angle iron from the crate... comes in handy if you have a welder... wouldn't use it for the hitch or winch mod though.. its a little thin and soft.