View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 10:22 PM   #112

jbflr said:-

"ABS model is $5,700 USD. Add sales tax and all the dealer BS fees and I was quoted an OTD price of $7,500 USD."

This is a not quite fair comparison as the RX3 is $4195, plus assembly, plus shipping, plus sales tax. If you compare it to the non ABS Versys300 the price becomes more comparable. Long term, things become slanted in the Versys's favour, eg reliability, dealer network, re-sale value. The initial cost of a bike is only one part of the equation. One of the ex-denizens of this forum took almost a year to sell his very nice and loaded RX3. He now rides a Versys 650.
I have read that the 300cc Kawasaki engine is no longer being produced, which means the 400cc Versys is inevitable. If Kawasaki do what they did with the Ninja ie keep the price the same, then the Versys begins to look very good value, as it easily outperforms the RX3 in every area except price.
For the record, I own neither bike and therefore have no axe to grind re one or the other. I would be interested in the RX4 if it was priced right and its specs were OK. If it were priced too close to the Versys400, I would choose the Versys every time.