View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 05:20 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCrowRides View Post
If the chain is too tight, loosen the axle nut, then loosen BOTH sides of the chain tensioners. Then hit the tire forward with your hand or use a rubber mallet, to get about the corrwect tension you want.Then , tighten the chain tensioners back down, each side a little, then other side, etc while keeping the middle of the tire sighted straight ,you dont want to tighten one side more than the other and cause the tire to be cocked to one side or the other.If you notice your brake caliper dragging, it's off to one side too much. Once you get the tension right, and the tire is aligned straight, tighten the locknuts on the tensioners, and then tighten your axle nut down .
Thanks for replies.

Also I have not yet put on chain guard and late last nite when I finished assembling it in the dark I noticed the bottom part of chain hits the frame/swingarm. The manufacturer bolted rubber on the metal there probably im guessing because they expect the chain to hit there so the chain hopefully wont damage it badly..but it doesnt seem good!. is this normal? should i purchase a chain tensioner sprocket and maybe get a longer chain that can go up away from the swing arm and over a new tensioner so it doesnt hit??

"Life's too short not to enjoy it-So's my China Bike!"-Me