View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 10:06 PM   #1

One more noob buying a Rhino - Best Deal?

Hey everybody. Great forum! This is probably the main place that sold me getting a Rhino 250. A friend of mine happened upon 250D that a customer didn't make full payment on or something. I said, "How do you get a NEW quad for 1200 bucks?!" I heard about Chinese quads before but didn't look into it much. In fact, I had a Chang sidecar rig in the past. Yep, I was one of those guys. Now I'm glad to see some machines with reportedly faaaaaar less maintenance without the high $$.

That said, I'm about ready to pull the trigger and get this puppy here. I'll be using it primarily for work on the homestead, hauling hay, wood, dirt etc. in a small trailer (16 cu/ft. 1200lb capacity) although I don't know if it can pull that max weight. So, first I'll need to attach a hitch. Then is it a foregone conclusion I need a sprocket upgrade? Will changing only the back one work? I need to keep to the least mods as I can due to dexterity issues with some nerve damage I had.

Lastly, I'm looking at Texas Motorsports... best deal I found so far. I've seen them mentioned here, but I know "deals" can change day-to-day. Any input on them or other dealer recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by uphill; 10-17-2017 at 10:56 PM.