View Single Post
Old 03-14-2015, 12:52 PM   #39

Ho Hum, I'm less sure than ever that I'm going in the right direction right now. Mr yang has contacted the seller of the genuine Zongshen w/c CG200. All in stock inc flywheels yay, but, I asked him to find out at the same time if this motor is AC or DC, answer AC... boooo!! Quite a few of the china motors are DC now as per the EFI system so thats a shame. He then goes on to say

"they said the ignition is AC but if you use DC CDI, what you need to do is not connect the ignition coil output, which also we generally did. The magneto has 11 electricity generating coils + 1 ignition coil. That is enough for electricity generation for the EFI system"

So now he's saying I dont need to convert AC to DC, just not connect 1 wire to 1 coil on the stator but use the rest or have I got that wrong do you think? Am I then using 11 coils to generate power which will be sufficient to charge the battery in order to run the EFI, fuel pump and starter motor, or is he mentioning "enough for electricty generation for the EFI" because thats all its going to be enough for and nothing else??

I dont think I fully understand how the magneto works but anyway the DC one I ordered for the air cooled Zong should fit this new one I reckon.

I think at the moment I'm resigned to ordering the water cooled Zong and will forever be left wondering what if the suzuki type clone would have worked out like given that its put together by some companies in a motoX spec in a higher state of tune (allegedly). I have a feeling the EFI may have struggled to feed an engine with 10 or 20% more power anyway.

Last edited by Jibberwobble; 03-14-2015 at 12:53 PM. Reason: typo