View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 05:35 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
The counterbalancer is a parasitic power loss; are you sure you want that for racing?
Most of the ads for these engines show the counterbalance in the pics but also do a 'non' version which is the one I would order. They say its in stock @CNY2180 but cant supply a flywheel to Mr Yang. They reckon the motor is 16KW which seems very far fetched. *There's another seller with similar goods and quoting 16KW for the 230. http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...0-7ce0d892222a I think it quite likely that these sellers are full of shit but I just cant tell? It would only need to be making 12KW+ to be up on the standard China engines and if it lasted a year or two that would be fine. Mr Yang is still saying to go for the Zong and is suspicious of the Haoyue it would seem. He is concerned about the quality and durability.

*EDIT Both those motors are the same seller which means he is contradicting himself about the 16KW which is being applied to both 190 and 230 engines.

Being sensible I feel the W/C Zong is the safe option and Mr yang would have a flywheel sorted for it and shipped before the engine arrived here.

I dont mind taking the odd risk though so I'm still tempted by the Haoyue (knowing that it will potentially be a disaster).

What to do??????

Stupid me is sitting here wanting to buy both Doh I am known for stupidity though so...........

Last edited by Jibberwobble; 06-02-2015 at 12:47 PM.