View Single Post
Old 06-28-2015, 10:15 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibberwobble View Post
That's brilliant thanks mate. It looks like I'm on the right path then, what I've done so far is as per your set up bar the reg/rec. My old a/c zong was the same as yours with yellow and pink. The new motor has what I think is a three faze magneto and has three yellows, no pink. I got a matching reg with three yellow input wires.

So now I think I'm in a possition to finish the wiring, I just need to have a look into finding a smaller battery and know where it's going.

Lastly about the main live for the ecu, is this permanently attached to the battery? I assume to maintain memory.
Yes you can see in picture 2 above . I have it connected to the always hot side of the starter solenoid. same as straight to battery positive . On This bike and my goldwing ,I use 8 cell Lifep04 battery packs ordered from China. In fact both bikes start faster then with the original lead/acid batteries . I ordered 10 at a time on alibaba.com . End cost was about 65usd each including shipping and import / customs fees
Attached Images

Last edited by recracer; 06-28-2015 at 10:20 PM. Reason: add info