View Single Post
Old 07-30-2017, 07:54 PM   #19

Well...last week the bike went back to the dealership to deal with a fuel leak. The source of the leak turned out to be pin holes in a normally isolated portion of the tank. Basically on a normal softail tank there are two fuel caps...but one is actually a dummy cap that has the fuel gauge in it and it sits in a cup in that side of the tank. Pinholes developed in this cup so it was filling with fuel when i filled up and causing it to leak around the gauge and down the pass through tubing inside the tank. And due to the thin metal in this area they could not repair it. Though they did attempt to do so at first. So props to them on the attempt at fixing it before replacing. Ultimately what ended up happening was that they had a custom painted tank in storage that fit a similar model bike and it happened to be compatible with mine. I have read on forums that the Softail Rocker C used leftover fuel tanks from the Fuel injected Deuce. The tank they put on was from one of these Rocker Cs. With that all said...here is how the bike looks now.

Save
Save
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)