View Single Post
Old 07-17-2023, 10:03 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdano711 View Post
I struggled to get back on my Harley when some woman ran a red and almost ended my life. Like, didn't think I could. My hat is off to you for getting right back in the saddle. Your Hawk looks good with them tires. Those are the ones I want for my Hawk.
Understandable when it's someone elses fault. My only worry was not knowing what caused the wreck. At first I thought I just had a flat, I was conscious but don't remember the wreck. Last thing I remember is feeling pulled to the left and my vision going black and all I could hear is the bike scraping across the road, next thing I remember is waking up in the ambulance.

So for a while there I wanted to get back on but was scared to, once I put the new tires on and rolled it outside I could hear the cable rubbing, checked it and sure enough it's got some rubbing damage and you can see the exact spot it hung up at.

After that, feeling confident I know how to avoid it happening again, I can't WAIT to get back out! This is my first bike and has less than 1,000 miles on it, can't quit now, I've barely even GOT STARTED!

I'm just cruising around the house for now, I live on an agricultural farm so a lot of room to cruise, but once I'm 100% healed, get a new front end (handlebars are bent, so replacing pretty much everything up front) and some new gear I'll be back out scooting the back roads.

Thanks, they sure look sick! I Thought they would be sketchier on the gravel but they've actually been fine so far, although I am taking it pretty easy lol.