Thread: New RX3
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 07:25 AM   #1

New RX3

I just put a deposit on an Orange RX3 through the buddy program. A friend and I are purchasing them and live in Upstate New York.

This will be a second bike for me for local rides and commuting to keep miles down on my MG Stelvio NTX. I'll probably take it on some longer adventures as well where more dirt is involved.

CSC having all parts stocked and tutorials of the bike as well as positive reviews on the websites are some of the factors that went into confidently purchasing one of these. The 5k mile western tour was a good proving ground for the bikes and it's nice to see they did well. Loose screws and other small issues are no concern, I've had them on every bike I've owned save a Vstrom 650 (it would survive the apocalypse with no maintenance)

I've previously owned a KLR650, DL650, Triumph Tiger 1050 and my current bike is a Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX. I'm no stranger to adventure bikes or dual sport riding.

The RX3 looks like something I can take and actually use for dirt exploring without fear of spending a fortune on broken parts. I looked at Honda parts availability and couldn't find complete frames or engines which CSC stocks, that's impressive to me.

I'm not sure how it will handle salt in NY as I'm sure it'll get exposure late fall and early spring (I do coat bikes in ACF-50). The Tiger 1050 ran year round in Maryland and saw salt exposure with almost no corrosion using ACF so hopefully that works well on the RX3. If not the bolts are probably pretty cheap to replace if they get too rusty.

I've been lurking here doing research and you guys seem to have a good pool of knowledge and are friendly. I'll get some pictures up in a few weeks when the bike arrives. I'll also do a comparison vs the other bikes I've owned for the curious, especially the MG just for reference. I'm not expecting the RX3 to be as nice as a 16k motorbike but I'll point out the differences anyway.

Lee