View Single Post
Old 02-06-2021, 04:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by franque View Post
It might be best to initially change the oil, they sometimes ship with oil that's basically just corrosion preventative (some joke that it's used wok oil) that doesn't really lubricate the engine very well. After that, change as the oil blackens. It's interesting that you have a Janus, which model, and what do you think of it?
I hear you on the oil but don’t forget millions of these go to India and Vietnam other places where they get no maintenance until they break!

I like it! I have a Halcyon. It feels like an archaic machine and I love the quality and aesthetics of it. The hard tail takes a little getting used to. You have to push your butt back in the seat to get the seat springs to do some work. They are a great company and have a real following.

I bought it for several reasons. I have always wanted one since they came out three or four years ago. Back then I had a bunch of bikes, including a beer Triumph Thruxton 1200, a Honda CB 1100 slightly modified, a Puch 250 Twingle, Gilera 106SS, two sportsters—one a cafe racer I built with alloy tank and clip ons and rearsets and twin high pipes, and the other a Sportster “72” with raked front end, a CL350, and a Benelli 250 with 2000 miles in my living room.

Short story is a kid pulled out of a side street 20 feet ahead of me and I hit him and destroyed my left hand. After that, Mama thought I was too old to be riding much and I agreed. Then I eventually talked her into letting me get the Janus. Still have the CL and my ‘66 Benelli. Just don’t ride much any more.