View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 04:28 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by prismways View Post
So I installed the 16T sprocket and it makes a HUGE difference. I highly recommend it. Not sure I would go to 17T. I have not maxed out the RPMs yet so I don't know what the max speed is.

BTW, I think installing the new sprocket will NOT affect your speedometer because our speed sensor is in the front wheel. If it was in the transmission, then I can see that, but our speedometer should still work fine.

I bought this rear wheel lift from Harbor Freight for $26 (after 20% off) and it's great.

https://www.harborfreight.com/motorc...and-65620.html
I had to realign my chain after installing the new sprocket, having the proper tools makes life a helluva lot easier. Good call on the HF paddock stand. I bought a wheel chock from the local HF store a coupla years ago and gave it to one of my peeps. He put it in his trailer just in case one of us has a breakdown. He's unstranded my Aprilia twice since then. Harbor Freight has some good equipment, but I wouldn't by a hydraulic lift from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
@Skin--you are one of the only members with a mini that is NOT a Vader. How did you buy yours? Mail order or a physical dealer? Did you have issues like the Vader guys? Your 59 mph sounds promising; is the 17 tooth your only modification?
I ordered mine after seeing an advert on Craigslist. There are several websites that list the Icebear Little Monster(PMZ125-2). I clicked on the Venom Motorsports ad at the top of the forum homepage and they have a version of my bike for $1349.99 with free shipping and no sales tax for US customers. I paid $1699 for mine

https://www.venommotorsportscanada.c...torcycle-125cc

Anywho, My list of upgrades so far; racing CDI and coil, 26mm Mikuni carb, oil cooler, gutted and shortened muffler with exhaust wrap, inverted shift lever, and the 17t sprocket. The only way to go faster is to do a big bore kit, or drop in a Pitsterpro 150cc HO crate motor I'm gonna try to improve the aerodynamics a bit and make a bikini fairing that I can get behind in a full tuck, and try to lose an extra 10lb off my gut. I've lost 20lbs for this bike, but I'm a compulsive snacker.
2000 Moto Guzzi California V11, resting in pieces

The cage: 1998 BMW Z3, 1.9L w/full Dinan engine upgrades