View Single Post
Old 12-02-2016, 10:54 AM   #1

Which Would You Pick?

preface:

I used to own a suzuki VX800. it was a v-twin intruder motor in a standard frame and even had shaft drive. I also am looking for a long term replacement for my Honda Superhawk which I sold earlier this year.

my goal for this bike is to be something fun to ride, a twin engine, and a little old school cafe character. bigger doesn't mean better (as far as either the motor or the bike). these two are somewhat larger than I want, but it's not easy to find something that's not too small. on a side note, I found that Royal Enfield is in the works of producing a new 750 cafe that might be added to this list.

whatever I get, it's going to get lowered bars, bar end mirrors, chopped rear end and a traditional cafe seat.

So....which of these do you like better and why....

Yamaha SCR950:
The SCR950™ calls back to the past with its low-profile bench seat, retro-racing side number plates, fork boots and bold color accents. Modern engineering meets timeless scrambler style.

The 58-cubic-inch (942cc) engine is an air-cooled SOHC 60° V-twin with four valves per cylinder, a pent-roof-shaped combustion chamber, and 9.0:1 compression ratio. The engine is ideal for exploring unpaved roads off the beaten track and powering out of tight corners.

A 2-into-1 exhaust pipe layout on the right side of the engine contributes to the lively performance and styling of the machine, with an upswept muffler for improved ground clearance and a pleasing exhaust note.
Inviting, Flexible Ergonomics

The SCR950 puts the rider in a position of control to handle whatever the road throws at them. A wide and tall crossbar-type handlebar creates light steering feel, while centrally-mounted footpegs and a long, flat seat allow the rider to move easily to adapt to different riding styles.

A double-cradle frame features sporty geometry for nimble, responsive handling in any environment. The front and rear suspension systems are tuned to provide great comfort and handling while contributing to the machine’s stylish low profile.

TRIUMPH T100 STREET TWIN:
The Street Twin is our most contemporary, fun and accessible new Bonneville. powered by an all new high torque 900cc engine. With its unique character, distinctive sound, stripped back styling and dynamic riding experience the new Street Twin is the perfect Bonneville for today's rider.

The new Street Twin combines a low seat height and accessible riding position with an exciting and responsive new engine with a sharp, more refined and stripped back look for maximum fun and rideability every day.

An all new chassis and suspension delivers dynamic handling and an engaging riding experience. With a truly modern standard of capability and sensitively incorporate rider focused technology, including ABS, Ride By Wire and Traction Control, the Street Twin is built to ride like a Triumph should.

The Street Twin is designed, with the spirit of individualism and customisation in mind, to be the perfect starting point to build your own custom bike. With over 150 new stylish accessories available and a set of ‘inspiration' kits, to use as your starting point or to have fitted by your dealer as a complete set, it’s never been easier to build your own custom Bonneville.
Attached Images

Last edited by Sport Rider; 02-05-2020 at 06:14 PM.