View Single Post
Old 03-27-2015, 05:33 AM   #1

Newbie on this forum...

Hi there,
have spent a good dozen hours reading various threads on this forum, re 200cc dual sports bikes. Seems very friendly and informative, with very little trolling. Just the way i like it. I've been into motorcycles all my life, still own my 1979 Triumph Bonneville i bought new in 1979 (highly modified and very non std), and have owned a very non std 1989 Moto Guzzi Cali III for over 15 years. Not ridden dirt bikes since i rode a mate's DT 175 when i was 16/17. Been hankering after some trail or dual/sport bike as they are now called for a few months now. Looked at the Honda CRF250, the Kawasaki KLX 250, but i'm a bit of a Luddite, i've never liked FI, liquid cooling, electronics, digital dashes etc. Looked at the KLX150L which is full size, carb'd and air cooled, but then i found my local Chinese bike dealer here in NE Thailand. The Lifan 200 Cross. Wow, all for approx $1500, registered and on the road. Think i'm gonna buy it next week.
My question is;
the engine is a 163FML-2mp, bore and stroke 63.5 x 62.2mm. The blurb says it is counter balanced, but i'm not sure to believe the Chinglish. Can anyone tell me if this is OHV or SOHC? I'd prefer it if it was OHV, but i've got a feeling it's SOHC, not a deal breaker either way.
Thanx and regards,
Mike,
NE Thailand.
ps, the bike has normal tele forks, single rear shock, disc brakes front and rear, and looks like a Honda XL185 from 20 odd years ago, bar the modern plastics.