View Single Post
Old 11-05-2015, 11:57 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee R View Post
Huck, Detours,

Any issues with either of yours?

My friend and I have none with ours. I'm really impressed. Most fun bike I've had in a while and the lowest power of them all go figure!
Just minor issues for me, and all easily resolved. I'm having a great time on my RX3 and hardly ever ride my Vstrom any more.
  • I had the pulsating front brake issue, but CSC sent a new rotor under warranty.
  • The front brake reservoir lid leaked a little, so I tightened the screws.
  • The left rear turn signal plug came loose, so I plugged it back in.
  • The PCV filter assembly was installed upside down at the factory, so I turned it right side up.
  • I found a small drip from a radiator hose, so I tightened the hose clamp.
  • The radiators weren't completely filled at the factory, so I topped them off.

Except for the brake rotor, these are all minor assembly line issues. And the brake rotor was more annoying than anything. A series of hard stops in a parking lot nearly fixed the pulsing anyway. Mechanically, the bike is sound and a high quality design.

The loose bolts were only on a few maintenance areas. If anything, the frame and engine bolts were over tightened at the factory.

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol