View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 06:05 PM   #120

Got my jets in!!

Wrong style jets. They look identical online, but when i screw it in it stopped half way. The air bleed part is a bit bigger, i almost snapped it off. The bleed holes were crushed. So beings that the one i ruined was a 22.5, I grabbed the biggest bit that would fit in the new wrong jet and put it in my pin vise and drilled my 20. At one and a half out i have to have the choke half out, and the idle all the way in to run it. At these adjustments, it’s running off the pilot. I tried to open the mix screw more while it was running, i have one of those flexible multi bit screwdriver, but i just cant get it to turn. The angle i have to get the driver straight puts too many bends in the flexible part of the driver. Frustrated, i gave up. Last week I ordered a extended mix screw from chine. I can do nothing more untill that gets here. The old pilot i drilled maybe in the range of 22.5&25. So i think it just comes down to the idle mix.
Thank god i got the starter working. Its not wired to the bike. I run jumper cables off a deep cylce. Unless y’all know what else i can try at this point, im waiting on the slow boat from china.
1972 Honda xl250
2x early 90's Honda rf600 parts bikes
more mc junk laying around.