View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 10:49 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
Thank you, 2LZ.

Since the valve recession was obvious, I didn't remove any of the valves for inspection. I wanted to ship the untampered cylinder head to Gerry for his inspection. I also didn't care to do the extra work.

Is unleaded fuel required in China? I don't know. If the Chinese are still using leaded fuel, you might very well be correct. I remember reading somewhere that the Italian company, Piaggio, designed the NC250 engine. I suspect the Italians designed the engine for use with unleaded fuel.

I'm hoping my experience with this problem is a rare exception. However, I felt an obligation to warn others who might be experiencing the same problem.
One more question Spud. Lead did many things including lube the valve seats.....which is why the earlier cars were having trouble without it.

Now....I've never been one to believe in "Miracle in a Can", but I've been running that Lucas fuel treatment that CSC recommended for break in.....just because they recommended it for break-in.

Do you think this stuff really does any good and also, have you been running it in your RX3?

Here's a quote from the Lucas website.

"Lucas Fuel Treatment should definitely be used in vehicles that require leaded fuel because it actually replaces the benefits of lead in gasoline...."

Makes ya wonder.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350