View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 01:48 PM   #9

Hey Spud Rider thanks for that welcome.
I will post some photos but so far I've not worked out how to attach a photo to a posting. I see there's a "manage attachments" section below where I'm typing. So I'll go there and see if I can upload any jpgs.
I have some taken today when I fitted an extension to the back of the front mudguard to keep muck off the engine and frame. Also I fitted some after-market generic rear view mirrors that are a Yamaha product but dead cheap and very good. Much better than the pointy ears ones that came with the bike. Something tells me the mirrors were designed by someone normally used to decorating Ming dynasty vases! They're not exactly of Western Appeal!

I tried Krasi BG's cold start method today and like a total plonker I forgot to turn the petrol tap on so I was hacking away on the starter wondering what the devil I'd done wrong. My wife came out and humiliated me by saying "Have you remembered to turn the petrol tap on?" Ahum, no I hadn't so when I did the bike started first pull so of course my struggling had already warmed up the cylinder! Oh dear.

Will report back tomorrow if I can make it start by Krasi's method as it sounds very sensible to me.

I also managed to cut down a second new mudflap and drill and bolt it to the front of the short-cut-away rear mudguard so that it hangs down in front of the bottom joint of the mono shock spring. I have seen the effects of mud drying out on the bottom connection of the shock to the swing arm and it's not a pretty sight on a Yamaha and riding is very peculiar if the bracket rusts out and snaps. So I'm taking no chances with my new V Raptor 250 and it's now got a nice mudflap to protect the spring and its joint.
--
Plado

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
Welcome; we are glad you joined us.

We have a number of Skyteam V-Raptor owners on these forums. Hopefully, one of them will soon reply with the information you seek. If you have time, please post photographs of your bike; we love photos.
Attached Images