Thread: Templar X 250
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2022, 03:35 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExMxer View Post
Oh I’m not going to take the leap of faith on it…. I’d just never seen it before, and it does have some promising bits about it. It really has a “Nicot” look too it, which is who builds the new Orion 250. The hot start lever, or at least it appears to be, on the clutch side has me scratching my head. Or possibly it’s the choke?
The Powersportsmax X-Pro Titan 250 and Titan 250 DLX are near-identical twins of the older Orion RXB250 as far as looks are. However, Orion changed updated their look and the Titan has soldiered on as its own bargain niche dirt bike and dual-sport (it doesn't have the upgrades that the older and current RXB has, like suspension, 6-speed trans, etc).

But, Powersportsmax has a lot of connections to factories in China, so my guess the Titan was made either in the same factory or used the same parts that were pieced together and badged as an 'X-Pro'. Their power in the industry is evidenced by them renaming many different bikes with the 'X-Pro' brand, such as the Hawk, and the Vader.

I think this new bike is an updated version of the Titan and may or may not be from the same OEM as the Orion, but at least uses many of the same parts.

The Chinese motorcycle industry is made up of many 'manufacturers' who oftentimes will buy their parts from a few sources and piece together bikes. The scooter side of it is a good example of this. In other words, the 'manufacture' puts the bikes together from parts it obtained from suppliers (the same suppliers other manufacturers use), has them EPA certified and thus legitimizes the 'manufacturer' as its own identity, even though it might have pieced together scooters from the same suppliers, and many scooters look the same.

I am sure the Templar is a quality bike, along the same lines as owners of the Titan dirt bikes and dual-sports have attested to, so should be worth a look as long as one is able to plate them in their particular state.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard