Thread: Templar X 250
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2022, 02:53 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExMxer View Post
I’ve done some digging on this thing (day off today), and I can’t find crap. I cannot find an oem, but man this thing screams Nicot to me. It is impressive, but I’d be rather scared to buy one from those guys. Pretty rough dealings several folks have had. But that bike next to the Orion, sure looks like a close cousin………
It does seem too good to be true. With all of these features, and the Zhongshen 250 on top of that, and less than $2000. Game changer? I would like to see and touch one of these in person before believing it. It is possible that the bike does exist. The real question is What is the quality of these components? The tech specs are there, but what are they really like? Where do those dual piston calipers come from, or any of these parts? China is developing it's own "Name brands" and some are getting very good. Is it possible that they are becoming the victim of their own legacy of cloned brands getting cloned?

I would buy one, just to test the theory. I can afford it, but can't get away with it at the moment -too many toys in the garage as it is
And besides, my real goal is to acquire a GPX TSE250 so I am saving up my mojo for that

By the way, I created a set of postable jpg from the photos on the web page to post on the forum in this thread, but then noticed a scary little warning that the pics are the property of powersportsmax, and any use will be fully prosecuted (or something like that).