View Single Post
Old 06-16-2016, 11:13 PM   #1

Broken Skid plate welds......

I've just hit 2600 miles on my bike so I thought it do an oil change and switch to the 20w50 that was rumored to be the bees knees. Long story short.. I discovered my skid plate mounting bracket welds have rusted completely through and have broken off. The welds had pretty much corroded into red dust inside the paint. It looks as if the paint was the only thing holding it together until that finally gave up. It's starting to make me worry about the welds on the rest of the frame and what other severe corrosion is developing in other areas that I can't see. I've taken the skid plate off for now until I figure out if I'm going to spend the money for the upgraded skid plate or if I'm going to try and re attach the mounting bracket some how. The 20w50 is pretty smooth in the engine and has made neutral much easier to find. I'm in Southern California so the weather is typically warm so I dont know how it would perform in colder areas. I've been trying really hard to love this bike like I used to but the skid plate thing (among many other things) is making me lose confidence in the quality of manufacturing. I've had a fair amount of problems with my bike but I've over looked them all because CSC has always had such amazing customer service and has always been willing to help me out which I believe is awesome. Im still flip flopping over just cutting my losses and selling the bike.. I think I'd happily take $3500 for the bike and I just may throw it up on Craigslist tonight and see if there's any interest here locally.
Attached Images