View Single Post
Old 06-28-2023, 02:26 PM   #6

The MSF (Motorcycle Safety Foundation) that I went to in the SF Bay Area had a sea bin full of Honda Nighthawk 150's. My class was into double digits...about 15 give or take. By day two, we were in the single digits. A couple women dropped their bikes and never got back on, just walked away. Pretty sure a couple guys quit, too.

They had a figure 8 composed of two 5 foot circles. You had to have the bike moving, but very slow. To make the turn at such a tight angle you had to kick the bike over in one direction and sit on the opposite edge of the seat, like a counter balance. All while keeping the throttle at a steady 2000 rpm and JUST working the clutch. Of course, no putting your foot down.

The instructors told me this was the obstacle that separated the men from the boys. This is the one most people dropped their bikes. Just because you're not supposed to put your foot down doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T. People just went over real slow, rode the bike to the ground. smh The first time I tried it I started to go over and just put my foot down. Second time, I nailed it.

One of the instructors pulled me to the side and he told me every once in a while they get a natural like me. I told him I rode a little when I was a kid...bicycles, mini-bikes, trail bikes...but the truth is I never really rode a full sized motorcycle.

Skills from previous lives sometimes pop thru. Sometimes, I just know how to do stuff. Never done it before. Hell, the first time I pulled the cover off of my 486, I wasn't even close to scared and just looked at the internal components. I was able to identify most of them (HDD, RAM, PSU, mobo and processor, etc.) That movie Infinite with Mark Wahlberg kinda explains it.