Thread: Greetings
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 01:17 PM   #2

From one newbie to another, welcome Casper! I have found this site to be most helpful in helping me to decide whether or not I should spring for a new China bike. I bought a Lifan LF200GY-5. I do believe that if you are anywhere close to a dealer that it would be worth a couple hundred bucks to go that route because you have better access to parts and service but as for me, the nearest dealer was almost 200 miles away, so I ordered one direct. There was some assembly required and no assembly instructions, but was do-able with a little help from posts in these forums. Mine started and ran perfect, and the only problem I have found is the oil seal on the right side of the rear axle that seems to have an inside diameter a little too large. I have what seems to be the proper size on order. I haven't really put the bike to the test yet, but have had 50-some miles of mixed riding, and I really enjoy the bike. It easily runs 55 on the highway and is still geared low enough for trails. I am impressed with what you get for the money.