View Single Post
Old 04-18-2016, 01:48 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by detours View Post
The RX3 will do 80 mph (GPS) on a flat road with no headwind, but not uphill on an interstate.

However, if you gear down to a 13T front sprocket (from the stock 14T), you can easily hold 65 mph up most highway grades fully loaded. That's good enough for me in most sections of interstate, especially if there are any curves to slow cars down. And it's a hell of a good time on state highways and secondary roads.

Sure, I would like more power, but not at the expense of weight or ergos. Boring it out to 275 or 300 cc, like Honda did with their cb300, would add a nice bit of grunt without much redesign.
Agreed. On the most aggressive of hills (74 toll road through Orange County), I can crest the summit at 60 mph in 5th gear with stock gearing (14/44) On flat highways around Orange County and up to Azusa (slight uphill on the 605 fwy), I have no problems maintaining 75 mph GPS speed. Not a lot of power left to accelerate to 82+ mph GPS speed, but it'll do it if I keep it at WOT.

I agree with Detours... could the RX3 use just a bit more power given the US interstate system? Sure. Would I want to add bulk or complexity to get it? Likely not.

In terms of doing the 85 mph with folks breathing down your back... there's folks that will do that even if you're doing 100. I've had that happen on my former CBR. But just like in aviation, plan your route and check conditions and pilot reports prior to departure.