View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 11:53 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
It really is an eyesore. Funny how Honda made no effort to hide it. Maybe they thought it would be easier to remove at it's current position...

Also, I wonder about the Ross Perot ears.... Are they supposed to help cooling? Hard to see they would really make a difference.
Fortunately, the SMOG tumor is easy to remove. I will post before, and after photos, to show the results of my "surgery."

I agree about the "elephant ears." :roll: The XR650L employs a dry sump engine, with an oil reservoir/cooler in the upper part of the bike's frame. The "elephant ears" are definitely meant to enhance engine cooling. :roll:

The Clarke fuel tank I ordered doesn't employ the "elephant ears." Many XR650L owner's remove the "elephant ears," even if they keep the stock fuel tank! Therefore, I plan to perform otoplasty on Porky today! Film might be available at 11:00.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894