View Single Post
Old 04-12-2024, 11:18 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TominMO View Post
Nice! Personally I would get rid of the advertising and side reflectors as well, for a cleaner look. If you needed the reflectors for inspections, you could just reattach them temporarily. But if you ride at night you might want to retain them. I do get that the license plate surround does give you a little more "fender".
The side reflectors are on the 90-degree corners of the modified stock plate bracket. I already had to mess with it enough (cutting off and grinding down spot welds for extra parts on it, etc.) to get it tweaked into kind-of fitting, so I didn't bother with cutting off the ends the reflectors mount to. When I make a proper bracket the reflectors will get the heave-ho.

The plate frame is currently hiding some of the ugliness of the hacked and tweaked stock plate bracket. I'll cut a thin sheet of UHMW plastic the exact size of the plate to act as a stiffener and mount that and the plate up to my proper bracket once I make it. I just have to wait for my buddy to get back in town and get some of his front-burner projects out of the way before I go over to his shop to properly fabricate a suitable bracket. One thing I lack at home is a proper metal brake to do quality bending. This shabby bracket, and hiding some of it with the plate frame, will do in the meantime.
-2024 CSC TT250, stage 3 motocult kit, Nibbi PE28FL with custom-made cable controlled choke, modified stock muffler (larger diameter tailpipe), custom oil cooler installation with relocated stock evaporative emissions canister, oversized stainless steel footpegs, IMS folding tip shifter, a few little blingy bolts and bits. More personal preference mods to come.