View Single Post
Old 12-28-2023, 02:24 AM   #6

@ChopperCharles: Templar X is a 249cc, has 19 horsepower, and 6-speed transmission. It's more of what you'd consider a dirtbike. Adjustable suspension, knobbies, giant rear sprocket, and plastic that is way less likely to break off. Has sturdier foot pegs, shift lever, and handlebars compared to the Hawk.

My riding experience is split between the CSC TT250 and Templar X 250. Small stuff the TT250 (possibly Hawk) does better: the TT250 manages slightly better when transporting a passenger thanks to its firmer suspension. I would prefer the TT250's wildly imprecise fuel gauge to having nothing at all. Fuel door doesn't lock and you won't find hazard lights on the TempX, but the headlights are turned on or off with their own switch and are not tied to your ignition! TT250 has steering lock for antitheft as well as the ignition cover, but neither of these can be found on the X.

The Templar is significantly louder! And the choke is located on the clutch lever rather than down at the engine, which is good because the Templar needs the help more often. Templar X also has no kick start plus can only be started with a brake pressed.

If you're asking carburetor versus fuel injection, well I've gathered that comes down to whether you plan to do performance mods and whether you're comfortable with a few extra sensors that can go wrong.