View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 01:20 PM   #31

Thanks for the welcome and replies. I sort of like the idea of a CVT even though I have never ridden a scooter. Initially I was leery of the CT90/110 semi auto trans but after using it I liked it better than dual sports with manual clutches so I probably would like a CVT even more if it can handle hills. From the videos you posted it looks like CVTs could handle anything the trails I have ridden can hand out. I need more speed than the CTs only for paved roads they were fine on the trails but could only get to maybe 50mph going down hill on paved roads. A review of a big ruckus clone on ADV indicated 59mph (I think) on a brand new not broken in motor and the big ruckus clone has the same motor and a lot more weight than yours or the small ruckus 150 clone I was thinking about. Another option I have is to put a Lifan 150 on a CT but that will have a manual clutch and I thinking I want to try a CVT.

Have you had your Zuma clone on the road much, any idea of top speed on flat road? The seat height I saw for yours was 33" and the ground clearance was I think less than the ruckus clone -which is also lighter at about 200# like the CTs, I found that to be a great low weight where 300# dual sport was too heavy - especially to pick up off of your leg on a steep rocky narrow trail next to a 50' drop off, trust me on that one.