View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 03:24 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by detours View Post
A few of us have lithium batteries and they're fine. I have a Shorai LFX19A4-BS12 (285 CCA) and it works great.

http://www.chinariders.net/showpost....8&postcount=28

A couple of notes about Lithium iron batteries:
  • Never let it fully discharge. Once dead, they're very difficult to revive.
  • The more amp-hours the battery is rated for, the better. If you run accessories without the engine on, it will last longer.
  • Get a lithium iron specific charger, like this one from Battery Tender. Shorai makes one specific to their batteries.
  • In cold weather, let the headlight run for a minute or two before starting. This warms up the battery for more cold cranking amps.
Thanks for the heads-up, detours! I'll have to see what brand and model it is next time I have it out.

I have the "start, quit, restart, sometimes quit, restart, run" thing going on so I'll probably end up doing the valves before long. I'll check the battery then. If I read it properly, the valves are most likely the cause of this? Who knows, maybe just some miles and fresh gas would help. These sat for months.

Also, what's normal hot idle on these? I'm running what seems high at about 1800.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350