View Single Post
Old 10-25-2023, 10:27 AM   #13

Hey everybody. I dropped off the face of the forum for a bit but I've been functionally recovered for quite some time. Just been focused on other things. Haven't had to think much of the leg except when people bring it up at work and ask how it's doing--they mean well, but jeez, I am more than just a crippled leg!

This weekend I had a nice e-bike ride around the neighborhood and then into the desert past sundown, fat tires but no suspension, and still had a pleasant ride and got to see the twinkles of all those Vegas lights across the horizon. It felt good to be out there again. And especially so quietly...an electric dirtbike would really be suhhhweeeeet!

I didn't keep track of when it happened but I was able to ditch the cane quite a ways back, limped a bit, but not for long. I do think driving a manual transmission to work every day helped to strengthen back up (not like I had a choice). I realized a while back that I could finally lift my leg while seated, which was my last real evidence of injury. There's some little bone that got broken in addition to the hip which is the one that needed to heal up to fix that leg lifting capability (and you may not realize the importance of this one, but any time you get your last leg into the car, or you rotate out of bed and let your legs drop down, that is something I was having to support my leg with my hands to handle).

This week I'll be having my 3-months-post-surgery followup and then I am in the clear to hop on the Templar again! I am so ready.