Thread: RX3 Stalled
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 12:45 AM   #14

My experience with stalling:

First, this is the easiest bike to stall I've ever ridden. I can stall it going up my driveway (suburban, 2-foot rise from curb to garage), I stalled it tonight trying to pull from the gutter to the crown in the street, it stalled when I downshifted to 2nd going into a curve on the way to work. It has always restarted, easily.

Second, MY bike has something of a step-function throttle...from idle to 3500 rpm. There's nothing in between. That makes it tricky to take off smoothly from a stop. It's weird, but I tried to smoothly make the engine run at 2000, 2500, 3000 rpm, but it won't smoothly roll on until 3500 and up. That locks me out of the meat of the "take-off" range, in my experience. I'll just keep on dragging the clutch, I guess.

All this has happened when the bike was pretty cold (except stalling going up the driveway...that could have been a first ride anomaly). A lot of this behavior gets better when the bike is warm. I'm willing to call this a "quirk" and live with it. If there's a fix, I'm all ears.