View Single Post
Old 04-09-2024, 09:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknj99 View Post
Interesting.. the guy that bought my Templar X last year messaged me recently asking for advice related to issues starting as well.. based on what he said i told him it sounded like the starter.. wondering if it'll wind up being a known issue on these Templar X's as its not sounding like a coincidence as starters usually last a lot longer than a year or so
I would say that the faulty starter in my Templar X was an engine supplier issue (Zongshen). Zuma (Wuyi Zuumav) doesn't make engines. They rely on engines provided by Zongshen for the Templars, and Zongshen probably provides them support for warranty issues. PSM actually sent me a new starter when I sent them evidence of the problem. I was impressed with the response. PSM has always tried to make things right. Find this starter in the free classified area- it was actually for a different engine. I guess I was lucky to figure out and fix the problem. Perfectly good starter with a minor and fixable manufacturing defect.

The charging system was still working great. Pushing the starter button, on the other hand, didn't activate the starter very well, and put a serious drain on the battery

Last edited by Thumper; 04-12-2024 at 07:57 PM.