View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 10:31 AM   #1

New Upstate NY member

Hello everyone....A quick into. I've been lurking around for a week or so now and have gained tons of very helpful info.

I'm in my mid 50's and looking for a dual sport "toy". I've pretty much narrowed it down to a Hawk 250 or the new Bashan Enforcer, but like all of you, I have been waiting for some reviews on the new Bashan. I'm in New York and I understand registering the Hawk here IS a problem.

I really don't want to do much road riding, but it would be nice to be able to legally travel down a road to get to trails, or even run a quick errand, etc., otherwise I'd just buy a Hawk.

I've owned bikes my whole life...Jap bikes. Currently i own a 10 year old Kawasaki 650 Brute Force 4x4, which I mainly use to plow snow. It's like a tank and I don't really enjoy trail riding with it, as I prefer something more nimble.

Honestly I think most of the parts for the Hawk will fit the Bashan, and this week they have the Bashan Enforcers on sale for $1049 plus approx $150 shipping, so for $1200 I could be a guinea pig, but I'd prefer to let someone else do that ugly job!! I think the Bashan has a few negatives to the Hawk, but it is also a little cheaper, and most important, can be licensed.

Another thing that adds to the confusion is there are several different models of the Hawk 250 ....and no doubt different models of the Bashan Enforcer!

Well, that's all for now. Thanks to all who have made this site great!!

Manny