View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 12:32 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musictrek View Post
A definite improvement with power. Its like a Harley rumble now or burley deep tone. I mounted the OEM exhaust shield to hide the mount of the new exhaust bracket. When I mounted my exhaust I just pushed the rear outlet of the exhaust pipe down and made the bracket to go that length. That gave me enough room for my heat shield fit under the air box without touching the box. It works good for that. My shield under my air box looks like it will do the job well. The muffler shield has three bolt mounts as you know. I mounted my bracket to the top two. The side one I just put a nut on the bolt for looks. Its pretty sturdy with two bolt mounts. For 99 bucks its a pretty good upgrade. I really had no plans to do it. The stock mod was a pretty good one. This 99 dollar exhaust takes it one step further in performance.
Well I cant leave well enough alone. I modified the bracket and pipe and frame of the bike. All in to keep the clearance of the air box and to position the pipe near the original geometry of the OEM pipe. Cutting the stainless steel pipe was a risky move. It all worked out though. There's no going back now!
Attached Images