View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 11:41 PM   #24

The wideband sensor and controller arrived as well as some exhaust gaskets. I'm glad I haven't got around to getting the o2 sensor bung welded in yet, because the wideband sensor uses a much larger diameter thread than the narrowband that came with the aliexpress kit. I'm going to be starting with the aliexpress ECU and hardware so I wanted to start with the narrowband sensor as well to keep my experiences as similar as possible to someone who just ordered the aliexpress kit and nothing else. However, since the wideband and narrowband do not the same thread size/pitch, I am going to use the wideband from the start, but I will be using the simulated narrowband output from the controller to emulate the experience I or someone else would get if using the narrowband sensor that came with the aliexpress kit.

The exhaust gaskets are nothing special, they look like standard metal crush-type gaskets.

After I read this post by someone who was using the same kit as I am, I knew before I even ordered it that I would need to run a relay for the fuel pump, but I didn't realize just how anemic the power wires for the pump would be and are. I had to cut and discard the waterproof connector for the fuel pump on the harness and on the pump itself. I now have power going straight from the fuse box to a relay, from the relay directly to the pump, from the pump directly to the same grounding point as the battery negative is connected to. I'll be doing the same with the heater for the oxygen sensor.

As I said in my last post, I wanted to put the CDI/ignition system on a relay as well, but unless I start drilling into the frame, I am out of room to mount another relay.

I also discovered that the high-pressure outlet on the fuel pump isn't meant for connecting directly to a fuel hose, it is a quick-connect fitting. You can see here that the single barb connector is for the quick connect and the standard-looking barbs are for hoses. I might use a quick-connect as the project gets closer to the first-start-up phase, but since I don't even have the fuel tank on the bike, I'll worry about that later.
Attached Images