View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 06:57 AM   #44

Just returned from 3000km round trip

So finally I came back after a 3 week long trip from North Pakistan and I have a lot to share about my experience with RX3.

I did switched to 13T front sprocket becuase I knew I would face heavy climbs (really freaking steep climbs) of Himalaya with no roads at all.

The Bike over all worked like an ace, I did flipped it like a dozen times... but the excellent crash bars design did there job perfectly and not a scratch was made to body and panniers other then crash bars are naked, scratchy and little bent now.. lol..

the longest strectch was done last day when i cruise straight almost 700KM rouhgly on highway with few stops to relax a little..

bike worked perfectly in deep 1.5~2feet of water also in rain and cold (negative temp) ...

I was acompanied with Honda Baja and Suzuki DRs and they were very fast in offroads I was not able to animate this fat machine as they did... also the wide seat of this machine did not allow me to properly put feets on ground specially when bike wobles in offroading climbs...

but on light offroads.. gravel or highways I did not let the baja and DR to have any chance to get ahead of me

it gave me mileage of 24~26km/liter

One serious issue I faced was that bike would stall and go dead unexpectedly at any moment of time... and would not start on mutlple start ups... I did not iced that when ever this happened I noticed the Feul pump "bzzzzzzz' was absent....

I am not sure why it was happening but it was a big issue for me in middle of no where...
Attached Images

- Adventure Touring# RX3 - 2017
- Dirt Machine# FSE-450 - 2022
- Classic# Honda CD175 - 1977
- Daily Runner# 1992 - CG125 (engine swap CB250 Sleeper)
- Project#1 : 1995 - Honda C70 w/ 180cc engine swap