View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 09:24 AM   #21

Update on changes to Apollo 250cc

Sprocket came in Thursday, slapped it on Friday night by hand, took less than 5 minutes. Rolled it into the trailer and went riding Saturday (after I yanked the rear tire back and adjusted the cheap chain tensioners). Spent the day on the KTM for the most part and Lauri spent the day on her quad, but we each took the Apollo out for a ride to feel what the upgrades were like. Let me just say, the 12T is an outstanding difference. Lots of low end grunt and third gear trail riding is perfect for the most part. The handle bars feel SO much better and you can tell the flex helps reduce fatigue and the bike feels snappier. I have yet to take it over any substantial jump to see if the front shocks are going to bottom out, but I will the next time I go out riding.

It is Noticeably heavier than the KTM which will require more work to shift weight around in the trees but I am excited to spend a little more time on the bike and really put it through some paces. I am interested in getting a better rear shock and front shocks, but honestly the way it sits now seems perfect for some medium aggressive trail riding. I wonder if I can get better rims and tires for it to lighten up the rotational mass. Once I wear the rear out, I will look into it. Fun bike so far!
Attached Images