View Single Post
Old 08-29-2015, 12:00 PM   #8

they are what they are. I bought my two 250E from a dealer, tax title and prepped for 1100.00 each out the door. And On the Web in a box shipped to your door they are 1375.00..But I made the deal with him and he thought all the 250cc taotao's where the same. these MSRP at dealer are $1975 and the other 250s are $1400 around here. at the dealers ready (suppose to be )to ride.
These are cool little machines, but you have to understand that these are no engineered with the end user in mind, By your shopping list you have some idea.
But little things will leave you stranded or at least mad. like the chain adjusters not being 90* to the axles, you have to put one or two washers in between them and the axle to square them up. Like your bolt hole not lining up. Look to figure out why, it could lead to another issue.
And you said you where going to use them in "Texas with very rocky terrain and hills" .
you must take your time and find the issues to make these strong little machines.

If you take your time and remember what your working with these are cool and fun.
if you want a hunting machine that you can kick its butt, drowned it in mud,drag a big animal, then I would use my Yamaha..
We Bought a 400cc jancie made by Yamaha in china, paid 4000.00 for it 4X4 and powerful. it was a awesome quad until it drowned one day. My Yamaha drowned and this one went past. but WHEN IT DROWNED. IT NEVER RECOVERED. the wiring shorted out, took out voltage regulator. and CDI.. BLA BLA BLA... It was junk after that day...
My Yamaha dried out and I power washed it. you never even knew.
this is my opionion. but those are facts, it was a 4000.00 mistake pushing that quad to far..

My 8 yr old twins have rode 110cc taotaos since they where three, they ran great, they needed fixed once and a while but had thousands of hrs on them. that's why I bought them new 125cc quads this year, and me and mom 250cc quads to play with them.. But they are NOT going across the creek or through the mud, I have a quad for that.