View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 07:13 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
Only "Sold Out!" scooters shown on the Excalibur website . . seeing ZERO interest in selling TaoTao scooters! Just not convinced this vendor has their head in the game.
I keep telling them that their site does not match their business. Their main line (if you can find the link on their dated website!) is TGB Scooters (that site is maintained by TGB and does come up if you put in 'TGB USA' in Google). TGB are not sold online, however, due to manufacturer restrictions (mainly for warranty issues). The next part of their business, which is actually the bulk, is wholesale. They have dozens of dealers from years ago (pre-TGB) who they send all kinds of Chinese bikes. These dealers have been dealing with them for years, and don't use the internet for their transactions. I think this has made them (Excalibur)complacent with their website. The retail part is 'icing on the cake' for them, and is done via phone as opposed to a site. If you know what you want, and they can get it, is where that part of their business is. For instance, they are physically within a mile and a half of Kandi USA (that part of their site with all the buggies is somewhat current and those are from Kandi who they have been dealing with for years). Kandi is more recently the distributor for the Brozz/Shark, meaning that Alan can get them easily and will price match the Brozz. Also, via the same phone number and/or email, Alan takes care of any after sales help you might need. He is also competent enough to send out any paperwork, or obtain any paperwork from dropshipped items (i.e. from RPS) without having to wait a month or even weeks. It is ironic that with a weak website, they are able to offer far superior customer service than those with flashy sites.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard