View Single Post
Old 03-26-2024, 05:57 PM   #2

Build Day:
Time to complete: Give or take 3-4 hours, I was taking my time and applying locktite, grease and dielectric grease where applicable

Assembly: assembly is standard China bike, you uncrate, connect the rear shock, front wheel, handlebars, headlight, f/r signals, front fender and battery. There is a good YT video on assembly, I wont get into the details here.
A couple of observations: I can see that this bike had some better QA some some of the other China bikes ive bought in the past, ie. nylock fasteners, locktite marks on some of the bolts, visible grease on the neck and some other areas. They also supplied a package of grease and a complete owners manual with decent maintenance info.
I also electric tape wrapped the exposed wiring by the rear fender and applied dielectric grease to the electrical connects behind the headlight.

Post-Assembly Maintenance: I changed the shipping oil with Rotella T4 15w40. One quirk i found here is that the manual says 0.6L but wen i put that much in the oil level was at the bottom of the mark barely indicating anything. I then added another 200ml and still low. I recall my sons DBX1 was 1 qt as are most China bikes so i filled to 1Q and it was right at the top.

Post assembly mods performed: I had pre-purchased a 15 front sprocket as i want it to be able to reach 60mph ad installed it as well as a set of bark busters.

Issues of note: the gas cap doesn't secure very well.. it'll turn and get somewhat tight but can be popped off with alittle force. I may check to see what i can do about that.
I had to adjust the throttle cable and zip tie to prevent the throttle from engaging when full lock of the handlebars to the left side.

First Ride: I rode over to the local gas station about 3 miles away and was able to hit around 45mph at 8k rpm.. redline starts at 10k.. The power is fairly low but its snappy. I think its just geared too low still. I can also feel the front wheel bouncing a bit, i think its due to the wheel lock throwing it off balance.
I also spent some time teaching my daughter how to take off, stop and ride around our circle in first gear.

Next plans:
1. either remove the rim locks or buy a balancing kit
2. look into a 16T front sprocket
3. change the oil again
4. check valves
5. see if i can lower the rear a bit further for my daughter to be more flat footed on it
Attached Images

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Last edited by tknj99; 03-26-2024 at 06:27 PM.