View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 10:21 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Yeah, it is rather amazing how my opinion has changed on these bikes. No, they still ain't perfect, but most of the flaws and faults are really cheap and easy as long as you are willing to do the work and learn.

Thank you for the compliment on my writing. I actually love to write. I took writing and speech courses while earning my completely unrelated degree and certificates. It has always been a hobby of mine. One day I hope to churn out a book or two.
These little bikes really are quite amazing on both durability and mpg, but then again, they were designed to operate in very poor countries so it only makes sense. China bikes are like that girl at high school everyone made fun of, but you knew personally that she had other great attributes and was a blast to ride.

Shanesaw, don't worry about regrets. All of these bikes, whether a Bashan, Hoasan (Hensim/Hawk), Lifan, or whoever all share parts and are of the same designs. It's not like the Japanese brands that are completely different from each other. Besides, a decade ago Hensim and Lifan were the top of the heap of the Hondoids. Enjoy that Hawk. It's about the best two-wheeled deal on the planet.

Dan, regarding your writing hobby, I share the same and literally stumbled into a column in a local rag about six months ago and I wasn't even looking so as they say, "stranger things have happened".

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350