Thread: Winter Project
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 02:18 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
I don't do shiny, but they are new. Pics this evening.

The front ones were the PITA to mount and the easiest to fill. The rears were just the opposite. One needed the 'Ether Method' to seat, nothing worked on the other one until I unmounted the tire and attacked the rim, again, with an 80gr Roloc. I missed a couple spots on the rim that allow the tire to slide up to seal. Once I got that bit of rust off, the tire pumped right up.

I went through six t-shirts between Friday and Sunday evenings. They were pretty icky.
Gotta laugh at the ether method. Yes I have had luck with that with carb cleaner and flats at the work site. last time I just installed those kendas on my mowers, one would not bead up so tried it and got the chicken fur on my right arm. Had to use the ratchet straps to bead it up. There is always some in the workshop getting in trouble taking short cuts , IL be the first to admit it.

Yes , after I mounting mine, you would have thought it was WrestleMania .you get your feet, hands knees, and elbows in on the job.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~