View Single Post
Old 11-27-2014, 09:55 AM   #905

I had to laugh at the 'screws vibrating loose' which could be describing most any Chinese bike. I also thought it funny they compared it to the KLR650.

What I find these bikes doing is replacing people's perception that they 'need,' at minimum, a KLR650 to go south of the US border. This bike will shake up adventure touring in most any country south of the US/Mexico border. Of course, it is not strictly a niche bike, because obviously, there is plenty of commuting to work and riding around the US. But read all the threads, both active and inactive, of people (mainly from Europe) going on adventure tours in Mexico, South and Central America, and most of them wish, or are happy, they had a small displacement bike to do so. With all the touring stuff standard--this bike is it!

I am very tempted to get a business license here in Yuma, and start offering these bikes as a side-business for people wishing to travel south of the border who have chosen to start in the US. But, of course, the 'devil's advocate' tells me--why not move back to L.A. where these people are starting their trips and open up a dealership there....

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard