View Single Post
Old 04-10-2024, 07:55 PM   #15

My son and I always ride off road. We can't use dual purpose tires. The front tire washes out and dumps you if you are in anything rough, trying to turn and you aren't right on top of it. A rear dual purpose tire just doesn't track well or grab well in the dirt. But I am absolutely sure that if that's what you want, put more knobby-ish tires on the KPX and go for it. What's the point of "dual purpose" if it can't perform off road!? But with the KPX, no worries about altitude/temp changes with the EFI

I've been tooling around in the sticks on my 2 stroke KTM 250SX. It's an MX bike, with power for speed and big air. Comes with excellent Geomax MX3S tires on Takasago Excel aluminum rims. Challenging performance (!) but fun. My son is not up to it yet I will use the tuning options to tone it down (power valve main adjustment and possibly go with the weaker auxillary spring). It tames the transition to on-pipe high end. I can also unplug a wire to change the ignition map to a milder advance curve. I am also drop a tooth on the front (12-11T).

This will transform it into a tam-ish single track monster for long trails in the mountains. Less than 5 hours on it now! I've added tail light and perfect colormatch headlight housing/LED bulb to replace the number plate !, but working on turn signals and the isolated battery system (no voltage rectifier/regulator). Getting there. Off road adventures are where it's at for me.
Name:  TailLightCloseup.JPG
Views: 28
Size:  518.4 KB
Name:  Left-TailLightInstalled.JPG
Views: 32
Size:  501.5 KB
Name:  HeadlightConversion.JPG
Views: 34
Size:  530.1 KB

Last edited by Thumper; 04-11-2024 at 09:28 PM.