View Single Post
Old 07-07-2022, 09:21 AM   #49

LOL Hay Lukas I cut those screw tabs off with a reciprocating saw ! my tire was just going to take them out anyway ! and I have a hole just above where they were from a short ride, and the tire rubbed... on every small bump !!!! ( i had a RX3 spring on there)... but I think I have that sorted now
I made a new lower link that is 5/8" between centers, longer than the stock lower link wish bone looking thing I used 3 layers of 1/8"x 1.5"x 7" and then trimmed them to fit and welded them to a tube I made of 1 1/2" diam. steel with a 3/4" bore through it and incerted a bronze bushing in it....... it's ugly because I did not clean it up just left it the raw weld and painted it black ! HAHAHAH
but I put on my 500lb spring and the new lower link and now the fender shouldn't rub at all and it's still 30" seat height ! ( a tad less as it does squat a tiny bit when I set on it now....and it NEVER did that before!)
..... I also had to remove the lower bolt on the headlight and bend the bracket on it so I could tilt the headlight down it was pointing 10' high on the house 20' away !
the bike seams to be a real good tractor it will lug down without stalling quite good....
but I am braking it in and don't do that much ! LOL.... got 163miles on it now !....
and I think I will change the oil at 200 miles ! HAHAHAH the more I ride this heavy pig the more I like it !
Miss Piggy is a good name for her I think !!! <GRIN>
........But I like having those boxes on there... I got places to put stuff when I go to the store or want to find a bungee cord... there in there ! along with a air pump, tire patching kit ,pole winch ,water bottle and first aid kit... and rain poncho...( if I can find it!) with my knife on my hip I am ready for anything ! HAHAHAH

Bob.......

Last edited by Bob Kelly; 08-13-2022 at 07:46 AM.