View Single Post
Old 01-29-2017, 08:15 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
You will do fine with a Taotao. If I can put one together, then you as an actual mechanic will have no problems! Not to mention you already have a GY-6 engine in your 110cc Taotao ATV!! Like I mentioned, no reports of catastrophic failures with them (heck, any scooter) that wasn't the responsibility of the buyer (and I don't seem to recall ANYONE writing of major issues with a brand-new out of the box scooter no matter the brand that was due to defects here on Chinariders). I am of the belief that by buying a bike in a box, you as the buyer are essentially the dealer and are responsible for the PDI and whatnot. The mail-order companies (who are essentially distributors, not dealers) do not make this part clear, however, and then there are issues like you see on youtube or on sites other than here where buyers who are not mechanically inclined have issues they would not have if they had bought from a dealer
This bunch I bought from made it very clear about the pdi etc. But I hear ya.

http://gokartsusa.com/
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~